In our employee spotlight blog series, we get up-close and personal with some of the wonderful team members at Numeric Eight. Today, we get to know Anish Shakya, Delivery Team Member.
1. How long have you worked at Numeric Eight?
Over 1 year.
2. What do you do at Numeric Eight?
Delivery Team Member – I manage books, collect transactions, track debits and maintain and monitor the financial records of my clients across a range of industries such as Construction, Research, Recruitment, Plumbing and Retail.
3. Before working at Numeric Eight, what was the most unusual or interesting job you had?
In 2012, I worked as stadium security in London.
4. What drew you to Numeric Eight originally? And how has Numeric Eight changed since?
Its diverse team members and equally diverse clients, and most importantly a boss who is genuinely kind yet firm, helpful, caring and compassionate towards her staff.
5. What are 3 words you would use to describe Numeric Eight?
Diverse. Committed. Professional.
6. What is your favourite thing about working at Numeric Eight?
I have been working at Numeric Eight for just over a year and I absolutely love being here every day! Being part of a forward-thinking, supportive company with equally supportive team members, and the versatility of being able to do a variety of tasks are some of the greatest factors.
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Play guitar or piano.
8. What do you like to do when you’re not working?
Catching up with friends and family members, watching movies and graphic design.
9. How would your family and friends describe you in 3 words?
Trustworthy. Optimistic. Witty.
10. How do you define success?
Achieving a reasonable level of financial stability while doing work you enjoy, being fulfilled by your career choice and of course having a happy family.
11. Where is your favourite place to be?
My living room.
12. What is one of your ambitions?
Travel the world.
13. What is one thing you can’t live without?
My mobile phone.
14. What skill do you think everyone should learn?
15. What advice do you have for businesses looking to improve the way they manage their bookkeeping and finance function?
Outsourcing your finance function will help you to increase efficiency and productivity, allowing you to focus on your core duties. Using a local team of bookkeeping and finance experts to complete tasks and refine processes will also help to improve the quality, accuracy and usefulness of work.