In our employee spotlight blog series, we get up-close and personal with some of the wonderful team members at Numeric Eight. Today, we get to know Annie Chan, Account Manager.
1. How long have you worked at Numeric Eight?
I have been with Numeric Eight for 8 years.
2. What do you do at Numeric Eight?
I am an Account Manager. I manage and support my clients across a range of industries.
3. Before working at Numeric Eight, what was the most unusual or interesting job you had?
Before working at Numeric Eight, I worked in the footwear industry for almost 10 years. I love shoes and would get rewarded with free ones which was an amazing thing.
4. What drew you to Numeric Eight originally? And how has Numeric Eight changed since?
When I joined Numeric Eight in April 2014, the working environment and atmosphere was very nice and felt comfortable. We were in a small group, supporting each other. Numeric Eight has expanded greatly in the last few years and the team has grown as a result. The new team members have brought different skills with them and Numeric Eight has diversified, expanding beyond the traditional bookkeeping activities.
5. What are 3 words you would use to describe Numeric Eight?
Professional, dedicated and committed.
6. What is your favourite thing about working at Numeric Eight?
Teamwork and that we all support one another.
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
8. What do you like to do when you’re not working?
Travelling, camping, hiking and spending time with my family.
9. How would your family and friends describe you in 3 words?
Supportive, easy-going and kind.
10. How do you define success?
Goals achieved and respect from others.
11. What is your favourite place to be?
12. What is one of your ambitions?
Search for an ideal house.
13. What is one thing you can’t live without?
14. What skill do you think everyone should learn?
15. What advice do you have for businesses looking to improve the way they manage their bookkeeping and finance function?
Seek a professional and experienced bookkeeping firm to manage your accounts. This will give you more time to focus on expanding your business.